If you are dreading Halloween because candy is your weakness and you don't want to sabotage your diet, don't sweat it. There are plenty of sweet treats that you can allow yourself on Halloween ... without feeling guilty the next day!
Here's how to enjoy Halloween without derailing your diet. Just remember no matter what treat you choose, eat slowly and savor the experience. These sweet treats are all under 250 calories:
- Starbucks Tall Non-Fat Pumpkin Spice Latte, No Whip: At 200 calories, nothing says fall like pumpkin-flavored coffee. And what better way to keep yourself warm while taking the kids out trick or treating than sipping on this awesome drink.
- Dunkin' Donuts Pumpkin Munchkin: These tiny doughnut holes are only 60 calories each. It's the perfect seasonal treat – just stay away from full-sized doughnuts, which jump up in calories quickly.
- Chocolate Popcorn: Air pop some popcorn and drizzle dark chocolate on top for a crunchy snack while watching a scary movie. One cup of popcorn and 9 melted dark chocolate kisses is only 221 calories!
- Rice Krispy Treats: If marshmallow is your thing, indulge in 2 squares of this classic dessert for only 140 calories.
- Full-Size Milk Chocolate Hershey Bar with Almonds: If dark chocolate isn't your thing, reach for a regular-sized milk chocolate Hershey bar – it's only 210 calories and the almonds not only add crunch and flavor but 4 grams of protein.
- Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses: These treats are just over 20 calories each, so you can have 9 pieces for only 190 calories.
- One York Peppermint Patty: These minty treats are only 140 calories and they are lower in fat than most other candies with just 2.5 grams. (YouBeauty)