So, do it right. Here are some dumb mistakes to avoid at the office at Christmastime:
- Decoration Overload – Showing off your festive side, but at some point the non-stop electronic Santa's "ho-ho-hoing" gets a little unnerving. Be respectful of your office mates, and remember ... it's all about moderation.
- Goodies Galore – There is always that one person who leaves all their chocolates and treats in the break room for everyone to share. Is this really an act of kindness – or a way to dump their junk food and unwanted calories on the rest of the department?
- Dropping the Deadline Ball – There is nothing worse than making people work over the holidays. Plan projects and deadlines that are sure to wrap up before Christmas morning rolls around.
- Turning Secret Santa into Freaky Santa – Giving Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer underwear as a secret Santa gift is just a little too personal for an office party. Talk about awkward.
- Being the Office Grinch – Mean co-workers are annoying all year round, but a bad attitude during the holidays is particularly annoying. So, even if the holidays annoy you, get over it, even if it's just for a week.