I'm Jana. Nice to meet you!
On Air Mon-Fri 10a-3p
Has this ever happened to you? You get 8 or 9 hours of sleep... and you wake up exhausted? Me too. Guess what... for me, it had nothing to do with sleep. I had a thyroid that ha checked out. But there are lots of other reasons why you may feel so wiped out. Here is a list:
1. Your diet: You know when you're eating healthy and when you aren't. Avoid satuarated fats when you can. They make you sleeeepy.
2. Your Job: You have to get up and move around. Sitting in one place all day will make you want to conk out and snooze.
3. Happy Hour: Sad but true. Alcohol messes with your sleep. You may be sleeping for 8 hours... but its an interupted sleep.
4. Vitamin D levels: Check with your Dr for a blood test.
5. Allergies: Hard to sleep well when your head is all stuffed up.
6. Facebook. No really. Try to put down the electronics for an hour before you go to bed. You may have a much better night's rest.
Photo credit: Shutterstock